The Bible tells us that children are important to Jesus. The Bible gives us the important account of the parents bringing their children to Jesus so that He would pray for them. The disciples tried to stop the parents because they thought Jesus was too busy. Jesus responded, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them. For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Mathew 19:4)
Jesus always welcomed the children and included them in His ministry. Children are important to Him and they are important to us.
Children are a gift from God. God loves them and they are created in His image. We want to share the love of God with them and help them to love Jesus and to trust Him as their friend.
Camp E.D.G.E. is our children’s program for ages preschool – 6th grade. This friendly and caring program encourages children to Experience and Discover God Everywhere (E.D.G.E.). Where the children experience the stories, principles and truths found in the Bible. Where they discover the love of God in Christ Jesus, and the joy of his forgiveness and salvation. Where they grow in their faith and relationship with Jesus Christ. Where they are given opportunities for service to others both inside and outside of the church.
We provide activities to support the mission of Camp E.D.G.E. throughout the year, including:
- Sunday School, focusing on stories from the Bible and the life application of those stories.
- Family Night, which offers a children’s Bible-focused fellowship with small Bible study, games and crafts.
- Christmas Pageant, allowing the children to honor and celebrate the birth of our Lord, in drama form.
- Easter Egg Hunt, grouped by ages and held rain, snow or shine.
- Vacation Bible School, a week long event that provides the children with Bible stories, and crafts, science, snacks and games that support the stories.